Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Vandara - an online roleplaying game striving to recapture the fun of a tabletop roleplay community, shaped within a unique and eclectic fantasy world of floating steam-cities, magical moon shards, and wyvern riding knights.

Register now and join the game, or check out our starting guide to get a feel for the site. Vandara is free to play - there are no charges for extra features or level ups. Complete the quick and easy registration and make as many characters to play in the game as you want! Remember to make your username the name of your character. Each new character requires a new account. Feel free to use our guest services if you wish to ask a question or seek assistance before creating an account.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Campaign Sessions - We Need Your Opinion!
Topic Started: Sep 1 2013, 06:32 PM (3,809 Views)
Cobalt
Member Avatar
a bolt from the blue.
When we first set up Vandara, we planned to hold some sort of regular campaign sessions. These are at a set time in the day we agree on, all log in, and rapid fire roleplay in one 2 hour sessions (times can and will vary!). We would also run special event roleplays that didn't require certain times, but the campaign events are something extra.

The rules aren't set in stone yet, and we're currently working on how campaign sessions will work behind the scenes, but they will essentially be very exciting adventures (possibly even world changing events) that everyone will be able to take part in, no matter where their character is in the game. If you've never played table top roleplaying in real life, you're in for a treat. We'll all communicate in chat (or perhaps we'll come up with an even better communication method e.g. skype or something), while posting in quick fire rounds to an event.

Unfortunately, timezones are going to be an issue. We have users from the US, Canada, Brazil, Asia and us admins are from the UK.

We need to work out what overlapping time is going to work for everyone, and on what day. I don't know when we'll run the first campaign session, but we just need an idea of how to approach it first. Please let me know below your thoughts. Even if it's something that totally doesn't appeal to you - let us know too. What kind of things would you want to see?

Thank you, it's much appreciated,

Cobalt
Game Master Office
Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Obsidian
Member Avatar

This is going to be a blast, guys, I am very much looking forward to it getting underway. I hope you all are very patient with the process, it will likely be a bit bumpy as we come up with new ways to improve the experience.

I kind of view this idea as "raiding" in mmos. Pretty much we all go around and coast about on our own most the time. But once a week or so we all pull together and accomplish something great together.

First suggestion I would personally give would be to expect a longer period than two hours. Three or four would create a better window for people to get a few rounds of posting in. :) Keep in mind people might not roll into the campaign time at the time time. Though maybe a small extra bonus coin could be rewarded to people who turn up on time and stay the entire duration.

Other than that, to have a few different things going at once (perhaps not at first, but eventually) could really keep everyone busy. We will have our own characters to poke around with, as always, and then any special event games we may be playing that week (?) but more threads during this time means we never have to stop posting, or sit around for others to finish their posts.

As a suggestion not to Luke, but to the rest of you who are reading this. You don't have to wait for the person, or people ahead of you to post before you start writing your reply. Most of us usually have some vague idea of what our characters will be doing before the people before us post. Start writing, and when you finish check what everyone else wrote. Edit a little here and there, then hit submit. May be a little more work but it is much faster. Try it out, see if it is for you. :)
Tybalt
Posted Image

Cobalt
Member Avatar
a bolt from the blue.
I still need to hear other people's thoughts on this - and what times would best suit you. If I don't hear anything I won't be able to run any campaign events for us all to play in.
Game Master Office

DanTR
Member Avatar
Vandaran Lorewriter
I'd like the idea, but you guys would have to give people more time to answer, as not everyone is on a comfortable timezone. In fact, I think we should do these sessions only in action scenes of the campaign, as people would need more time to write other kinds of situations.

Mine is GMT-3; other than what I've stated above, I agree with Obsidian and I would really like to have that idea being applied here.
Edited by DanTR, Sep 11 2013, 12:50 AM.

Ricky Maze
Member Avatar

I'm in agreement as well, my time is the central time zone, so 6 I believe it is? I'll check on that and get back to you if I'm wrong, I'm usually free whenever so I'm up for a good campaign run.

Obsidian
Member Avatar

When were you thinking, Luke?
Tybalt
Posted Image

Cobalt
Member Avatar
a bolt from the blue.
May have to leave it a week as me and Mich are moving across the country in a week's time :) Perhaps 2 weeks-ish time.
Game Master Office

Obsidian
Member Avatar

So exciting! No rush from us <3 I've been busy apt shopping too.
Tybalt
Posted Image

Cobalt
Member Avatar
a bolt from the blue.
Don't think I've forgotten y'all - will make an announcement regarding campaigns in about a week's time once we're settled into the new place! :)
Game Master Office

« Previous Topic · Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-Affiliates

RPG-D Garden of Bones Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG